Fast forward to 2010. She has 2 adopted children both 11 now and had long since given up and having her own child. September 10, 2010 she sends me an email with only this picture in it:
Holy crap. Words could not explain how I felt. I was elated, but I also thought of the looooong 9 months it was going to be for the family and for her. I could not imagine the turmoil in her heart. What an awesome gift, but how scared she must have been seeing that stick.
It's been a long 7 months since then. She sees the doctor twice a week now and is going to be induced on May 6th. They might do a c-section, but they will make that decision on the 6th. She's got a fibroid the size of a softball and it's location will determine the course of action.
I'm so excited for her and breathe a sigh of relief with every day that passes. Dominick and I go to most of her doctor appointments with her. We are all so excited to meet her baby girl!!
![]() |
| Dominick with Aunt Karmen and her baby bump! |


Oh My gosh! how wonderful! I hope everything goes well for your sister. congrats on being an Aunt again :)
ReplyDelete