Dominick's check-up went great today! He weighed in at 20lbs 8oz and 29 inches long. The doctor said he looks great and he's ready for real food. I already had some sweet potatoes and apples pureed in the freezer waiting for him. He tried the sweet potato and it was so-so for him. I attributed his lack of enthusiasm to the fact he got 2 shots and an oral vaccine today. We'll try again tomorrow.
Thank God for Jason. He held Dominick's arms while he got his shots. I couldn't do it. I considered leaving the room, but I knew I would hear him cry and that would be worse. I'm such a hot mess when it comes to this. I just paced back and forth until it was over. He's in such good hands with Jason and I'm so thankful for that. For the record, I'm just a pansy when he's with me. When Dominick was admitted for an infection at 19 days old, I was the only one with him when he got poked for blood cultures, an IV, an I & D of the wound and straight cathed for urine cultures. I was fine the whole time (although I have no idea how). It helped that the ER nurses were beyond awesome at their job.
So now we begin the fun filled world of Dominick vs food. I'm trying to find things he can pick up and feed to himself. That should be fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment