We decided to start feeding him a meal in the evenings. Our Pedi's exact words were, "If you eat it, he can eat it. Except for honey" No stage 1 or stage 2 nonsense. None of this orange veggies before green ones. This was extremely liberating to hear! I already had sweet potato puree made in the freezer. We gave him his first taste that evening It went fairly well!
| First taste of rice cereal at 5 months |
| First taste of sweet potato at 6 months |
So far, he's had sweet potato, avocado, strawberries, mango, carrots, spinach, bananas, apples, and green beans. I make the purees myself. Not really something to brag about. It's very easy. Jason and I are not big vegetable eaters, so learning how and which veggies to cook has been the biggest challenge.
Soon, we're going to start finger foods. That's when the real fun begins!
No comments:
Post a Comment