Thursday, March 22, 2012

A parents love

Being a parent is more enjoyable than I thought it would be. I knew it would be full of challenges and rewards, but I underestimated how much I would truly love it. I used to babysit a lot and I thought I loved those kids. I looked forward to seeing them and snuggling with them. Their smiles would light up my days. That was nothing compared to the love I feel for my own child. Since he was born, I've been memorized with him. Every move he makes with his arms, toes, lips, eyes, etc... makes my heart so happy. I love that I can see my husband in his face. Even better, I see myself in his eyes when he smiles. Being a parent has been so rewarding, intimating, worrisome, and heartbreaking all at the same time.

Anyway...what started that train of thought was me noticing the little things. He's learning so much and doing so many new things every day. He's been climbing stairs, but can now figure out how to get down them without any help. He no longer tries to go down head first. He can also get on and off the couch and bed without any help from us. He's also learned how to knock on walls. He thinks it's hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment