Saturday, October 15, 2011

One down

Dominick turned one. I really didn't think it was going to be a big deal. I was laying in bed that morning and it hit me that we no longer have a "baby". He had just started army crawling a couple days before. He also learned to clap his hands and raise his arms when I said, "Touchdown!" I cried like I was postpartum day 2. How has this much time gone by already? There are times when I feel like we've had him forever. Like time is crawling. There are also times like this when I feel like he was born just yesterday. It makes me sad.

The party was a success. I don't think I've ever planned a shin dig before that didn't have some sort of issue. The decorations, food, and guests were all great. I made a banner and popcorn cones. My mom and I made Oreo balls in the shape of footballs. We ordered Jimmy Johns. Perfect football food. Here's some pics, because I'm pretty darn proud.

Hand made banner





I made the pumpkin on the mantle. I glued buttons on a Funkin (fake pumpkin).

 



Dominick has his game face on. He watches the game very seriously.



We have a 65" television in the living room and everyone huddled around the small television I brought up from the basement. Nice.

Oreo balls. My mother and I vowed to never make these ever again.

"Rookie of the Year" plaque my mom surprised me with.
My mom made his cake and created the awesome plate for it. Is there anything the woman can't do??


Happy Birthday!!
   








We have some BIG changes this month. Here's what he's up to:
  • He's lost a lot of his rolls and width. He's now long and lean. He still weighs 22+lbs, but is now about 31" long. His 1 year visit is next week.
  • Sitting up is no longer a challenge, but he can't figure out how to get from sitting up to the floor.
  • As of last week, he's army crawling and getting good at it.
  • He just learned to clap! He also gives high 5s.
  • He babbles all sorts of consonants, but "Mamama" is his favorite.
  • He sticks his tongue out. This is a big deal. He was born tongue tied and hasn't been able to get it past his bottom lip. Now, it sticks out all the time.
  • He eats like a champ. He hasn't turned away any food so far.
  • He can pull himself up if he grabs hold of your hands.
  • He takes 2 naps once he wakes up around 9am and until he goes to sleep around 8pm.
  • No stranger anxiety yet.
  • He has 4 teeth on top and 2 teeth on bottom.
  • He still spends one day a week at daycare.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Kathie! You went all out, it looks awesome! Happy birthday to Dominick, I'm glad he had such a great party!

    ReplyDelete